Monday, June 23, 2008

June 23rd, Circling

It seems quite like a vicious circle. We seem to be packing when we can for "the MOVE." Then there is packing to go to Des Moines for the weekends when Cory is unable to come home. Then there is the UNPACKING.

Right now, I am in the UNPACKING stage. That is never fun. As I look at the stack of stuff that we brought home last night that needs to be attended to, I get tired just thinking of it. AND can you imagine??? We will be doing TONS MORE OF IT WHEN WE ACTUALLY GET TO THE HOUSE we will move TO!

IT will get done!

SO, this weekend, we went to Des Moines to see Cory. He is on call for the week, so he could not come to Muscatine. There was an open house for the house here and we left after that so we could let the dogs out etc... Besides, Cory worked til mid afternoon anyway. We arrived at about 2:00pm and went straight to his cousins house. We were invited to her daughter's birthday party. It is wonderful to be able to have the kids play with the cousins and enjoy family time.

On Sunday, we visited the church in Carlisle for mass. It was very small. SIX pews deep. MAYBE could hold, 100 people?? Not many. We met a couple people over at the lot as well. First it was a gentleman who was going to cut down the weeds so that we could see the ground better on our land. No fee, just pay it forward. The next was our contractor where we discussed about where we would place the house. Amazing all these things you have to think about.

We then had lunch at a place called Old Country Buffet. It was very good food. One of the best buffets I have ever been to. On the way there, I found where there were MANY stores. Sears, Target, Home Depot, etc, very close to the new piece of property. That will be very convenient.

We went back to Cory's place and took a nap. I had a long drive ahead of me and Cory worked last night. We got up and cleaned up the place and packed. The kids and I arrived home at about 10pm last night. It is good to be home, but I don't know if I can call this home much more. Cory is not here, so my heart is not either. Hopefully, not much longer. :)

No comments: