After receiving several phone calls to confirm that we are not flooded, I figured it would be a good thing to create a blog so that everyone could visit and see how we are doing. I will try to keep it up on a regular basis...
As to the floods, yes, in downtown Muscatine, there is some flooding. They have closed off some roads on the river front. We have been experiencing lots of thunderstorms. But have been fine.
What is going on here?? I am about to lose my mind being on my own pretty much for the last 7 months. Cory has been in Des Moines working and it has been difficult being the only parent during the week. He tries to come home on the weekend as long as he is not working overtime. He really likes his job which is wonderful. We feel so blessed. I just can't wait for us to get back together!
On that note, our house has been on the market for about three weeks. We have purchased a lot in Carlisle, IA, just south two miles of Des Moines. It is a Carlisle address but it is not in the city of Carlisle. We will be out in the country and have almost 3 acres. Our house is being built so that we have enough bedrooms. You can't find many homes with more then 4 bedrooms around here. We just got the preliminary plans on Friday, so we are reviewing them.
Alex was at Boy Scout camp this past week which really scared us with the tornado that hit the OTHER Boy Scout camp on the Western side of Iowa during the same week. He did fine and REALLY enjoyed camp! It is such a blessing that he has found something he enjoys so much. Mom just has to learn to let go a bit more.
Emily is taking gymnastics at a summer class here and smiles the WHOLE CLASS. She is so agile and not afraid of ANYTHING. This is something I can see her doing in the future. She is also playing softball and consistently catches the ball the best of her team, as stated by HER COACH!!!
Christopher and Nicholas are taking a Summer Science class starting tomorrow for a week. It is for preschoolers. I hope they enjoy it! Christopher is also playing tball. I am not sure if he likes it more for the interaction with the other kids or actually playing ball. He has only practiced twice, so I guess we will see.
Nicholas is improving in his speech, but is having temper tantrums REGULARLY! AHHHHHH We are working on that.
And as for me...is there a me when you are a mom?? I have not figured that out yet. I am getting my hair cut this week! WOO HOO! I have been trying to pack stuff and get rid of stuff, but often get caught up in dealing with the kids arguments and issues among other things.
Ok, well that is the update for now. I am sure I will come up with more soon.
~Theresa
2 comments:
Theresa, You blog looks great! It is a great idea! I have trouble keeping mine up on a regular basis but it is nice to read back through at what all we've done. Wow, will all you have going on, its no wonder you are one busy lady! I hope those storms go away soon and you sell your house! I'll "see" you around! :) ~Kristen
Great idea with the blog and it looks great!! When things go crazy for you...just remember I'll be here going crazy too...so we can compare!! He He!!
Talk to you soon!!
Dar
Post a Comment