Sunday, December 5, 2010

Decemeber 5, 2010

I have all the kids upset with me now. I have put a password on the computer...

On Sundays, I take advantage of sleeping in. THANK goodness they are of an age that they can get up and get dressed and entertain themselves fairly reasonably. Well, one of the rules that we have is that they can not get on the computer without permission. We have one computer they can use and with the four kids it just becomes too much of an argument for them to handle on their own. SO, NO computer without Mom or Dad saying it is okay. As Dad had been called to work sometime this morning and Mom had said no the many times they had come in and attempted to wake me, I was not pleased to find one of them on the computer. This is not a first time occurrence mind you. We have told them several times that if they don't listen and remember to ask for permission, that this was going to happen. Well, TODAY WAS THE DAY. It did not help that they did not get dressed like they were supposed to, let alone get dressed for church. They were all still in pajamas. It did not help that the dishes that were to have been done by one of the children were not attended to even though there was a promise of it last night. I could go on and on, but I am sure many of you have been here. Much was not as it was to have been.

I attempted to rein in their behavior and get them going towards church. Instead, I got a diatribe of everything that was wrong with everything and everyone including their door handles on their bedroom doors which they are constantly breaking (Each others though, rarely their own.) When their moods are like this, I know I can not take them to church. So, God forgive me, we will stay home today and I will pray for forgiveness. I know my limitations and here is one. Four kids with poor behavior in church and I don't mix.

3 comments:

Shell said...

Is there something in the air today? My kids are in rare form as well. And I always say, God doesn't care where you pray from...as long as you believe in Him! ((HUGS)) You might need em today ;)

Martha said...

I FEEL your pain! Patience is NOT my strong point some days and I totally understand.

Susie said...

AMEN!!!! We went out to dinner last night. I finally turned off my phone, forcing them to bug their daddy! Priceless!!!