Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 25, 2011

Tuesday

Another month has gone by. I told myself I really was going to try to do better. I AM trying!! Oh my.

It is a new year! AND 7am!! I am facing a flat tire this morning, three children still in bed, and an appointment at 9am. Nothing out of the ordinary really. Cory has taken Alex to show choir practice. Alex has performed with his group the Side Effects at two locations in the Des Moines area in the last month. At his last performance, his teacher sent out an email. They have gotten 4th place at both of the performances. This is what the email said...

Good morning,
 
SO PROUD OF THE KIDS!!!!!!   Let me start out by screaming “SO PROUD OF THE KIDS!!!!!”
 
Point from the night were:
                Side effects 475; Waukee 477 ;  and Johnston 485   In the point system of 600 possible this is crazy close.
 
 
We had one judge take of points because she didn’t think our outfits fit our “dark” songs….so funny huh.  Little do they know we have no risers…limited funds ….etc.  One judge commented  “YOU ROCK!”  I like him!!  (: 

 
I am so proud of the kids… HERE IS AN EXAMPLE of how our kids have an up climb battle to begin with when competing with other 4A schools…
“ it is like a baseball team that practices only on in the grass outfield for practice and then for the game you put them on the a dirt infield for the first time and say “OK WIN” .  I don’t’ know if you understand what I am saying but the other 4A show choirs have risers, mics,  and etc to practice with daily.  They have several music teachers that work with the students.  Our students are working with a disadvantage to begin with,  that is why I am so passionate our kids are the greatest!!!  So proud of their accomplishments!

~Sigh~ I hope to get some video posted of the performance soon! They, all 75+ of the kids, really work well together!!!

Emily starts a tournament softball team soon.Well, last Saturday she started practicing. We will also sign her up for a non tournament team. I have to check with the younger boys to see what they want to do. Sign ups are next weekend.

Last night, I took Alex and Emily with me to audition for a play in Indianola at the local Theater. We will find out about that later in the week.

My Box Top, Soup Label, Coke Point, etc... job is still in the works. I keep very busy with that. ALWAYS busy with that.

AND, as much as I want to try to fill in everyone with everything that is going... I really must close for now and get the munchkins going so that we are not late.

Have a great day!!

No comments: